13 Fintech Apps that may Inspire Your Startup
Fintech apps (also known as financial technology apps) are popular today as they have changed the way businesses function. Electronic transactions have become much easier for people due to this industry. Fintech startups emerged as a response to the needs of having a more effective financial system.
Entrepreneurs joined hands with finances and banking and started Fintech startups around twelve years ago. As per Juniper Research, by 2020, there will be around 2 billion users of mobile banking apps. In 2019, Fintech companies reached up to $ 55.3 billion in investments. Total contribution in China was $25.5 billion, of which more than half ($ 14 billion) is from Ant Financial of Alibaba group. It will keep growing as more mobile users save their financial information on their smartphones for a future transaction. In this blog, we will talk about the 13 Top Fintech apps currently in the market.
It is an American financial service and financial technology company situated in Irvine, California. Acorns specialize in Robo-investing and micro-investing and have over $1.2 billion assets in their management, and over 4.5 million users.
The features of Acorns
- Users can set monthly, weekly, or daily investments.
- There is an education section that comes with a glossary, basics of investment, and FAQs.
- t is a new tool that lets users see the effect that additional investment will have on their account based on monthly, weekly, or daily.
- There is an individual retirement account in which users can invest. There will be a charge of an extra 1$ per month until the user has invested 1 million with Acorns.
- Users can boost their investment by two, three, or ten instead of just rounding up to the next dollar.
If users don’t have a credit card or cash, in these situations, Affirm gives no-fee loans for one-time purchases. It offers finance for a furniture store, mattress store Casper, Walmart, Wayfair, travel site Expedia, and around two thousand different retailers. Affirm is a part of companies that provides point-of-sale financing.
The features of Affirm
- Make payments and manage your account
- Get offers for as low as 0% APR.
- Purchase immediately and pay any time at the store.
- Users don’t need a minimum credit score or history to qualify.
- Affirm does not charge other fees or origination, and the annual percentage rates range from 0 to 30%.
It is a payment service that offers a payment solution for Chinese buyers who are purchasing services or products from the vendor’s website and paying in RMB. From the buyer’s account, Alipay will deduct the payment in real-time after the purchase. It strives to bring the world’s business and consumers together. It has around 550 million users, and 8.5 million transactions take place every day.
The features of Alipay
- Users can pay their utility bills and top up their mobile phones.
- Book a taxi or order food from a restaurant.
- Receive/Send money from your peers.
- Place and track orders in TMall and Taobao.
- Book rail/air/movie tickets, at ease.
Platforms used for developing of Alipay: Jquery, Jquery UI, React, Java, Lodash, Moment.js, Ant Design.
Atom Bank works through a tablet or smartphone, and it makes banking more accessible and streamlined process. Apart from current accounts, Atom bank also provides mortgages and savings accounts. Started in 2016, Atom bank has no physical branches, and all its services are from the app.
The features of the Atom Bank
- Display of interest rates and account balance, as well as how much the user will get back at the end of the saving period.
- Personalized bank account
- Reliable security to keep the money safe
- PRA and FCA certified
- Users can see their possible returns, which will encourage them to save.
Established in 1812 as City Bank of New York, it has grown into the largest financial institution in the United States by the late 19th century. In 1976 the bank changed its name to Citibank. There are five tiers of banking service packages for customers, basic banking, access account, the Citibank account, Citigold, and City priority. The fees and APYs depend on the combined average account balance. Users can link their savings, checking, and retirement accounts to determine their average account balances.
The features of the Citi Bank app
- Users can check their recent transactions, balances, and available credit limits.
- Convert bing purchases into EMIs on the credit card.
- View exciting offers on the card
- Users can report their stolen or lost cards and get them reissued.
- Locate the nearest ATM, retailers offering Citibank Privileges, and branches.
Chime is an online mobile banking, and there are no hidden fees. Users can manage their finances, automatically grow their savings, and have a fee-free overdraft. With direct deposit, they can get their paycheck up to two days early. It comes with a highly-rated mobile banking app.
The features of the Chime
- There are no foreign transaction fees. The fee is around 1% to 3% of the amount the user purchase at other banks.
- Users get access to around 38,000 fee-free MoneyPass and visa plus alliance ATMs.
- Daily alerts for balance
- Responsive and friendly customer support
- Real-time transaction notifications.
Platforms used for developing of Chime: React, React Native, Elixir, Ruby, Rails.
Kabbage provides lines of credit to businesses that are eligible for it. They can apply, get an update on their fees and rates, and start getting funds in a few minutes. It is a fast process. It is free to apply, and users will require to only pay for the funds they use. The loan terms are easy to understand and transparent. Users can review schedules, payment details before taking a loan. With the app, users can withdraw from their line of credit, make payments, and view their funds.
The features of Kabbage
- Users can access funds from any screen
- There is no obligation for users to take funds until they are ready
- They provide advanced security to protect users business
- Users get convenient access to capital
- Kabbage has given over $6.5 billion in small business loans.
Platforms used for developing of Kabbage: Jquery, Jquery UI
Klarna makes shopping a seamless experience. Users can buy and pay later, and the app lets them control their finances and gives an overview of their shopping. Users can snooze their payments, purchase with one click, and makes returning of their products hassle-free.
The features of Klarna
- 24/7 customer service and in-app chat. Users can reach out in case they need help or give their feedback.
- The app can handle all payments for users. They can get an overview of their purchases and pay them from the app.
- Users can track their deliveries from store to door and receive instant information on their purchase.
- Klarna allows users to snooze their payments if they need more time to make their payments. They can snooze their purchases directly in the app.
- Users can pay as they wish. They pay now, later, and shop in their terms.
A challenger bank that operates with no branches, Monzo provides integrated savings accounts, a full current account, and recently started giving personal loans. Users can manage their accounts through the Monzo app.
The features of Monzo
- User can set budgets by category (Entertainment, Eating out, Transport, etc.)
- Monzo sends instant notifications to the user in terms of their spending.
- There are no transaction fees, spending overseas is free, and payments are contactless.
- Users can open a joint account with other Monzo customers.
- It is fully compatible with Apple Pay.
Platforms used for developing of Monzo: React, Java, GO.
N26 has more than 3 million+ customers, and it is Europe’s first mobile bank. Users have complete control over their finances from their phones. They can open their accounts by downloading the N26 app, activate mobile payments like Google Pay, receive contactless Mastercard, organize MoneyBeam for instant cash transfers between contacts, and utilize personal banking features like sub-accounts for organizing their finances. Users can add many financial products like personal credit and overdraft. N26 makes banking modern, simple, and enjoyable.
The features of N26
- Users can create sub-accounts for all their goals and them all together under one login.
- There are options for international money transfers in 19 different currencies.
- N26 is compatible with Google Pay.
- Users are allowed up to five free ATM withdrawals per month from any ATM.
- There is an in-app card control to reorder your card or to lock it. Users can also use it to enable online payments, enable payments abroad, and set payment and withdrawal limits.
Platforms used for developing of N26: Java, React, TypeScript, Android SDK, Kotlin, Realm, Swift, Vapor.
Stash is an investing and personal finance app. It allows users to save and budget smarter, experience banking with benefits, invest as little as 5 $ and buy stocks. Around 4 million+ people are using Stash.
The features of Stash
- Users can earn stocks and funds as they spend.
- Unlike other apps, Stash allows investing with just us dollar 5
- Stash provides investing learning guides. Users can stay up to date on financial news, and get tips on budgeting, and saving.
- With direct deposit, users can get paid up to 2 days early. There are no hidden fees, minimum balance, and overdraft required.
- Auto-Stash allows for automatic saving and investing.
Stripe operates in 25 countries. It allows businesses to accept payments through the internet. Stripe empowers 1 million+ businesses. It currently ranks #2 on the number of websites using it as their payment processor after Paypal.
The features of Stripe Dashboard app
- Users can view their customers, earnings, payments, payouts, and balances
- They can switch between monthly, daily, weekly, and yearly views of their data
- Issue partial or full refunds
- Search the data for transactions, customers, etc.
- Users can compare their business performance to historical data.
Download link: Android
Platforms used for developing of Stripe: Ruby
Remitly allows people from Canada, the US, Australia, UK, and the Eurozone to send money to over forty countries around the globe. It is an international money transfer service and makes money transfer secure, fast, and inexpensive.
The features of Remitly
- Users can pay via bank transfer, credit, or debit card. There are multiple choices for the receiver to get their money.
- There are around 1 million Remitly agent locations around the globe from which users can pick up their money.
- Text message/SMS alerts can be activated by users to track the transfer and determine whether it has been paid and collected.
- Users can transfer their money into the mobile wallet of their smart devices.
- Remitly can even deliver the money to the user’s home address.
Read More About: single-tenant-vs-multi-tenant
Platforms used for developing Remitly: Jquery, React, Moment.js, Java, Jquery UI, Handlebar.js