Lately, on-demand apps have been seen getting more popularity in the market. Such business models have become the talk of the town. This is because of the elated customer experience it offers to the consumers all the while helping businesses boost their revenue. Today, on-demand apps are considered as one of the most successful business structures in the digital world and more businesses are looking for opportunities to exploit it for their growth.
What are on-demand apps?
On-demand apps have been developed with the concept of offering a product or service that the client wants when he or she needs it. Such products or services are available at the tap of your finger. They act as a common platform between the service provider and the users thereby supplying the demand. This saves both parties from wasting money and time unnecessarily.
Before such services were available in the market, the customers had to look for the service they want and compare it with others to get a better deal. Today things have changed and everything can be found within a few minutes on your mobile screen.
Read More: Know The Cost of On-Demand Food Delivery App Development
Here in this post, we will discuss the different types of on-demand apps as well as its top features from the different app-user aspect.
Types of on-demand apps
Today on-demand apps offer in a range of services. The following are the different categories of on-demand apps you can build for smartphones.
Such apps are responsible for making it possible to have your favorite dish delivered at your doorstep at your convenient time. Such apps get your food delivered just within a few finger taps. Based on the quality of food and the experience, the user gets to rate the restaurant and the food delivery executive.
The delivery service is like any other on-demand courier service you find in the market. Anyone can use this service; it is fast and cheap and can be used to deliver a range of articles.
3. Housekeeping service
You may need assistance with certain tasks at home like cleaning the house, doing dishes, doing laundry, etc. If you have no time to do them on your own then you can hire someone to help you with such tasks. Housekeeping apps make it easier for you to find someone who can assist you with such tasks.
The popularity of on-demand apps in the cab rental service is known to everyone. There is no better name than Uber if we have to mention. Uber has simply changed the way people look at public transportation and has transformed it for good. For the common man, such apps have made it easy to find a cab, reach their destination and pay for the service.
5. Beauty service
Now you can enjoy a range of salon services at your home which includes pedicure, manicure, hairstyles, skincare, etc. by fixing an appointment with experts through the on-demand apps for beauty service. This has made it easy for the people to avail for such services anytime they want.
6. Handyman services
What if you end up with a dripping sink or a broken electric switch? You will need someone to fix things for you, right? You will need a handyman who has the right tools and the right skills to get the job done. Now you can easily find such people for the job by choosing to use some of the on-demand apps available of such services.
7. Property rental service
The property rental service app can be used by people to put in their whole property or even a single room for rent. This way people looking for accommodation can easily find a place using the app. The place can be booked based on the preference like a few hours or to some months.
Healthcare remains at the top of any service you can ask for. The healthcare apps make medical facilities easily available and treatment can be offered at the earliest. You can easily find a doctor and schedule an appointment and even get prescription medicines delivered at your doorstep using such an app.
9. Learning and educational service
Learning a new thing can be very difficult if you try to do it on your own. With the right educational apps, now you can easily put an end to this issue. You will be able to find a good teacher who can help you with your lessons.
Features of on-demand apps
Here we have mentioned the features of on-demand apps based on different user perspectives. They are as follows:
- User accounts: The service provider can make use of the email address, social media accounts or the mobile number to register, sign up or log in to the account.
- Booking service: As per the convenient day and time, users can book for the service.
- Multiple payment options: Users can make payment through different options like debit cards, credit cards, mobile wallets, cash, p2p, etc.
- Track schedules: Once the service has been booked by the user, he or she can know about the arrival time by checking the current location through real-time tracking.
- Charge estimation: The application comes with a price calculation algorithm and so when a customer enters the service they want, the app will provide an estimated value.
- Notifications: Through email and SMS services, the users can be provided with important alerts regarding the service, the charge, type of service, etc.
- Cancellations: If the user feels to cancel the booking, they can do this before the service starts.
- Reviews and ratings: The users should have the option to express their opinion about the service. There should be a provision to register the feedback and rate the experience of the service provider. Again, there should be a provision for the service provider to rate the customers.
- Contact service provider: Once the user makes a booking for the service, he or she will be provided with the option to contact the service provider to coordinate and plan out the service.
- Service history: Users can easily access the services they have availed in the past along with the charges they paid for it.
- Mobile wallets; Users can add money in the app wallet and then get it automatically deduced when they book for a service. This way they don’t have to make payments every time they buy a service.
- Help: The help and support feature can guide the users with the needed assistance.
- Book for service now, get served later: Users can book for a service they are interested in advance and then decide to have it later on.
- Book for others: Just like they book for their services, users can now book service for others as well as track it easily.
- Favorite service: Users can quickly access their frequently used services and book them fast without having to go through the whole process of searching it just by adding it to favorites.
- Referrals and promo codes: Using this feature user can gain monetary benefits while making the booking. It can be in the form of discounts, promo codes, coupons, referral codes, etc.
For service provider
- Account of service provider: The service provider can make use of the email address, social media accounts or the mobile number to register, sign up or log in to the account.
- Tracking the service: The app comes with modules that help the service provider to track all the online services.
- Availability options: The service providers will have the option to decide when they want to work and when not to. They can be clear about when they will be unavailable.
- Details and information of service:All the information related to the service request from the customer can be viewed here.
- Accepting or rejecting the service requests: The service provider can see all the requests from the customers and respond accordingly. They can choose to accept or reject the requests within said time.
- Track earnings: The app should be able to track the services accepted by the provider and based on that track the earnings in here.
- Start and end service: Certain services are time-bound and so to ensure that it concludes within the specific period, there should be a module within the app that lets the service provider start the service and end it once it is done.
- Contact customer: Once the service has been accepted by the service provider, the app will enable the provider to contact the customer for details regarding the booking.
- Dashboard: The dashboard for the service provider shows all the provided services, earnings, performance, and other related information.
- Daily reports: It should be made available to the service provider to view reports regarding the taken services, any penalty, made earnings, etc.
- Customer rating: In order to let the customer rate the experience of the service, there should be a feature in the app.
- Forward dispatch: This feature helps the service provider who is in proximity to take the request rather than look for a service provider who is located at a faraway location.
- Heat maps: In order to judge the success of the application, the service provider can look for areas that are most clicked by the users and based on that predict their reach.
- Set your schedules: The app allows the service provider to offer the service as per their preferred time and set schedule for the same.
- Admin dashboard: The admin dashboard is a common section from where you can navigate and manage your customers and service providers.
- Manage customers: By using a web app, the admin can easily handle the customers, the coupon codes, their discounts, the cancellation charges, etc.
- Manage service providers: The admin gets to manage the service providers, their earnings, incentives, penalties if any, etc. from this section.
- Manage commissions and costs: The dashboard on the admin side contains all the information related to the commissions and pricing set for services. This way the transactions within the app can be easily managed by the admin.
- Tracking service: All the on-going services can be viewed and tracked in real-time.
- Analytics and reports: All the information regarding the service providers, the accepted services, the rejected ones, their earnings, the repeated customers, the customers who canceled the made bookings, their earnings, the most preferred services, the used coupons, gift cards, etc.
On-Demand apps are going to stay here for a long time. They have made busy lives of people simpler with easy access to different on-demand services over smartphones. Here taking up a service, choosing options and finally making payments are easy and fast. No doubt more people will come forward in the coming years and make use of such apps on a day-to-day basis. So the businesses planning to invest in this area have a bright future for sure.